Board of Directors
|Name||Position on the Board||Area Representing|
|Chuck Jenkins||President||Shell Lake Area including the City of Shell Lake, and Townships of Beaverbrook, Barronett, Bashaw, Madge and Sarona|
|Lester Fieldler||Member||Shell Lake Area, including the City of Shell Lake, and Townships of Bearverbrook, Barronett, Bashaw and Sarona, and Madge|
|Jim Bethel||Treasurer||Spooner Area including the City of Spooner and Townships of Trego, Spooner, Evergreen and Casey|
|Lloyd Wallace||Past President||Minong Area, including the Village of Minong, and Townships of Minong, Frog Creek, Chicog, Gull Lake and Brooklyn|
|Rob Paine||Member||Stone Lake Area including the Town of Stone Lake, and Townships of Stone Lake, Bass Lake, Springbrook, Crystal, and Stinnett|
|Morris Gillett||Member||Birchwood Area including the Villageof Birchwood and the Townships of Birchwood, and Long Lake|
|Michael Bobin||Vice President||Minong Area including the Village of Minong, and Townships of Minong, Frog Creek, Chicog, Gull Lake and Brooklyn|
|Ken Schultz||Member||Shell Lake Area including the City of Shell Lake, and Townships of Beaverbrook, Barronett, Bashaw, Madge and Sarona|
|Bill Marx||Member||Spooner Area including the City of Spooner, Townships of Trego, Spooner, Evergreen, and Casey|
|Rob Lester||Member||Stone Lake Area including the Town of Stone Lake and Townships of Stone Lake, Springbrook, Bass Lake, and Stinnett|
The WCEDC Board of Directors is composed of no less than nine (9) or no more than ten (10) persons elected by the membership at its Annual Meeting held the third Thursday of June at a site (TBD). The Directors shall serve three (3) year staggered terms so that one-third (1/3) of the Directors are elected each year. The Directors shall be from and serve the major geographic areas within Washburn County.
The Board of Directors meets regularly on the third Wednesday of each month and for special meetings, at 7:30A.M. at the WCEDC Offices – 208 Vine Street in Spooner.
The WCEDC provides assistance:
- By marketing and selling the County’s many attributes and amenities to targeted industries and businesses outside the County.
- By networking with county, regional, state and national agencies to provide business technical assistance to new and existing business and industry
- By working with area lenders and commercial borrowers to develop financing solutions and alternatives for business development and expansion
- By administering and providing secondary and "gap" financing through five (5) Revolving Loan Funds that they manage for new and existing business and industry
- By assisting and facilitating with business training needs
- By networking with commercial realtors and local officials on commercial and industrial sites within the County
Washburn County Economic Development Corporation is a U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) approved 501(C)(3) Non-Profit Corporation and has a
"Tax Exempt" status. All contributions made to the WCEDC are tax deductible.