Town of Stinett
Stinnett was part of Veazie from 1883 through 1904; it was the size of three townships but Stone Lake split off in 1905 and Bass Lake split off in 1913. Located at latitude 460137N & longitude 0913641W. The previous villages of Stanberry and Stinnett were located in Stinnett Township.
The village of Stinnett grew from a section house built by the railroad crew. It was probably named for an early settler or lumberman who lived there. The unincorporated town of Stanberry remains in the Town of Stinnett at the juncture of STH 63 and County Road M. The Town of Stinnett is located in the northeast area of Washburn County, bordering Sawyer County to the east and is surrounded by the towns of Frog Creek, Gull Lake, Springbrook, Bass Lake, Lenroot, and Hayward.